TRUTH SCHOOL 2020
Dates: July 26 - August 2
Topic: Life — Knowing and Experiencing Life
!! REGISTRATION CLOSED !!
Information, Instructions, and Documents:
After much prayerful consideration we have decided to continue with our plan to have our 2020 Truth School in person and on location in Oklahoma City, for the benefit of the young people, but with adjustments. With the recent surge of positive COVID-19 cases, we are closely monitoring the situation both nationally and in our state, and may need to adjust accordingly, even up to cancellation, if needed.
Please carefully read through the following and pay attention to each point. Take special note that due to reduced hospitality we are limited to a MAXIMUM capacity of 75 young people and workers. Once we reach 75, we will discontinue registration. If you wait until the end of the registration window, you may not get in, so please register as soon as possible! Also note that we require localities to send one full-time worker for every 3 young people.
THE FIRM REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS LORD'S DAY, JULY 12, INCLUDING PAYMENT. YOUR REGISTRATION IS NOT FINAL UNTIL PAYMENT IS PROCESSED.
1) Truth School will begin with check-in on Lord's day, July 26, at 6:30 PM, followed by a mandatory workers' meeting at 7:30 PM. Truth School will end the following Lord's day, August 2, with graduation and awards around 12:15 PM, followed by lunch. There will be no dinner provided on this Lord's day, July 26.
2) If any young person or worker who will be attending Truth School is sick, or has been around anyone who is sick, or has any symptoms of COVID-19, then we ask that they be tested for COVID-19 BEFORE coming to Truth School, and if the test is positive NOT TO COME. If this is the case, please contact us as soon as possible to cancel your registration.
3) We will test everyone's temperature each morning, and be watchful for symptoms, when they come to the Truth School activities at the hall.
4) We will follow the national and state guidelines and take measures to keep social distancing, regularly disinfect surfaces at the halls and hospitality centers, and provide masks for those who would like to use them. We will also DO OUR BEST to help the young people follow these guidelines and measures as much as possible.
5) All those joining Truth School, or sending a young person to Truth School, are doing so of their own free will and choosing. They must realize that there may be some risks in gathering together, and will sign a waiver of liability form.
6) The registration fee has been lowered to: $200 for the first child in a family, $175 for each additional child in the same family, and $100 for workers. WITS must pay the full tuition of $200.
7) Registration is electronic but some documents MUST be filled out, signed, and either uploaded to the registration form or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org within three days of completed registration. All required documents can be found at churchinokc.org/truthschool.
8) Please make sure that workers and WITS are aware of the requirements (e.g., dress code), willingness to coordinate and pray, etc. These are listed on the online worker registration form.
9) For any young people that are NOT able to make it to Truth School in person, for whatever reason, we will broadcast our three evening special fellowship meetings live for them to view, and possibly may have the lessons recorded for viewing as well. We will send out an email with more information soon.
Please let us know if you have any questions or need to fellowship regarding any registration matters.